Back in the fall, The Measured Mom and I worked through a 12-week writing series called Simple Writing Lessons for the Primary Grades. It dawned on me that while we were sharing all these wonderful ideas, I never showed readers how I was organizing all these lessons and ideas in my son’s Writer’s Notebook.
Today, I’m sharing a guest post over at The Notebooking Fairy about the purpose of keeping a Writer’s Notebook as well as how to organize a Writer’s Notebook. Please be sure to check it out! Over here at This Reading Mama, I am sharing a video inside his Writer’s Notebook as well as links to all the printables and resources included.
Inside a Writer’s Notebook: Resources and Links
These are most of the FREE printable pages you can find in my son’s Writer’s Notebook. Please note that in the video, not all of these were mention, but these have (at some time) been in his notebook.
- Writing a Friendly Letter
- Writing Prompts
- Fairy Tale Graphic Organizer
- LEGO Graphic Organizer
- Fiction Story Map
- Expert List
Revising & Editing:
- Pointers for Kids to Encourage them to Revise their Writing
- Wow! Words– replace boring words with new vocabulary words when revising
- All that Jazz– encouraging writers to use descriptive words
- CUPS editing checklist
- Vowel Patterns in Single Syllable Words Reference Sheet
- File Folder of Sight Words
- Homophone Spelling Chart
New to This Reading Mama?
Welcome! I am passionate about teaching, especially in the area of literacy (reading and writing). I love to share and have lots of free printables available. Feel free to take a look and use what you can.
I also have several posts that contain tips and tricks for teaching reading and writing for all kinds of readers. Here is just a sampling of my most popular articles:
- 5 days of Multi-Sensory Activities for Teaching Reading
- When Sight Words Just Don’t “Stick”
- The Building Blocks of Reading
- Comprehension Strategies: Reading Equals Thinking
- 10 Things Struggling Readers Need
Want MORE Free Teaching Resources?
Join thousands of other subscribers to get hands-on activities and printables delivered right to your inbox!