Check out our fun and EDITABLE Fall Word Games to get kids playing and working on phonics AND sight words!
Because they’re editable, you can totally customize* them to meet the needs of your individual learners. Just type in your own words.
Get this freebie as a “thank you” when you sign up for my email list. Are you already a subscriber? Go here. Enter the password (found at the BOTTOM of your newsletter.)
Not a subscriber? SUBSCRIBE HERE or scroll to the bottom of this post!
Editable Fall Word Games
Five different editable word games are included. The download also includes ideas for using each word game, too! Here’s what you’ll find inside:
1. WORD MAZES: If you type in sight words, learners follow the correct spelling of it through the maze from start to finish.
This works in a similar way as the already-made sight word mazes from Learn to Read, except your fall word mazes will all be one kind of font. Learners can also follow a featured phonics pattern or phonics sound through the maze from start to finish. Just type those words in instead (See ideas in the download.)
You can use sight words, phonics words, or mixed review for any kind of word for games 2-5 below.
2. IT’S A HAYRIDE GAME – For 1-2 players. Learners roll the die, read the word that matches the die pattern, then race the girls to their hay bale based on even and odd numbers.
This game is similar to our Print & Play Phonics Games from three summers ago.
3. ROLL & RACE WORD GAME – For 1 player. Just roll the die and read the words. These are similar to our Roll & Race K-2 Math Games.
4. ACORN BUMP! – This game is for 2 players. Learners roll two dice, read, and bump. This game also integrates addition skills, too!
You might also like our seasonal Word Bump! Spelling Games. (Find a couple with a fall theme, too!)
5. HAYRIDE MAZE GAME BOARD– For 1-3 players. Players just roll and read to get to the fall hayride at the end.
*Psst! While these work best for word games, you can also enter numbers or number problems into the editable fields to create fall math games, too! Just remember that the directions on the page will be related to reading words instead of working math problems. 🙂
Enter your email below to grab this subscriber freebie!
Want MORE Free Teaching Resources?
Join thousands of other subscribers to get hands-on activities and printables delivered right to your inbox!