The number one question I am asked by readers is about teaching the alphabet to kids. Some of these readers have younger kids (toddlers) and others have older kids (ages 7 or above). In this 4-part Alphabet Series, I explore teaching kids letters and their letter sounds. I talk about the theory and research behind it (don’t skip that part!) as well as some hands-on ways that you can teach it using books, printables, educational toys, and technology.
5 Days of Teaching the Alphabet
These are the topics I explore each day. Click on each link below:
- Part 1: Tips for Teaching Letters and Letter Sounds
- Part 2: 101 Ways to Teach the Alphabet (activities and printables)
- Part 3: 26 Alphabet Books
- Part 4: 26 ABC Toys: Let’s PLAY with the Alphabet
Explore More Alphabet Teaching Ideas:
- Teaching Toddlers the ABC’s
- The ABC’s of Learning Toys and Manipulatives (learning letters through play)
- 26 Ways to Learn the ABC’s: from A to Z
$26.00Add to cart
- Learning the Alphabet– ABC Printable Packs for every letter of the alphabet!
- Magnetic Alphabet Build-a-Word
- Using a Puzzle to Assess Letters/Sounds
- Alphabet Scavenger Hunt (letters and their sounds)
- LEGO Letter Matching (letters and their sounds)
- Letter Sounds and Letter Tracing Sheets (subscriber freebie)
Follow This Reading Mama’s board ABC Goodies on Pinterest.