Because ALuv (end of Kindergarten) did so well with the Long a Vowel Pack I made him, I created a Long i Vowel Pack to introduce the i_e pattern. The activities are all similar to the Long a pack; just with the Long i (I_E) pattern instead. I’ve also added a few games to the end! Woo hoo!
*This post contains affiliate links.
Please remember that these printables are for personal or classroom use only. And if you’d link back to my blog (the page you’re on right now) to share, I would GREATLY appreciate it!
What’s Included in the Long i Vowel Pack?
1. Short i/Long i sort-(further directions are on the download)
2. Short i/Long i Picture and Word Matching
I REALLY debated on whether to use win/wine (since it may offend someone for religious reasons), but figured if it was a part of Jesus’ first miracle; it would be okay for me to use it, too. Feel free to leave it out if you need to.
3. Flip a Word
4. Fill in the Missing Word
5. Write the Word (could be used as an assessment tool)
6. Roll & Write a Sentence (This one is similar to the Roll & Write a Sentence from Phonics by the Book)
7. Hide the Word– a long i reading game
8. TWICE as Nice– a long i board game (the blocks I used in this game were Photo Stacking Blocks, a well worth it investment)
Download this FREE Long i Vowel Pack HERE.
More Long Vowel Resources:
Want MORE Free Teaching Resources?
Join thousands of other subscribers to get hands-on activities and printables delivered right to your inbox!