We are doing a little parts of speech review here at the end of the year. So, I created some simple Parts of Speech Posters for my 2nd and 3rd graders.
You might want to check out our Parts of Speech Word Sorts, too!
*This post contains affiliate links.
**The free download is at the END of this post. Click on the teal download button.
FREE Parts of Speech Posters
Included in this free download, you’ll find FIVE free posters for parts of speech. They include: Noun, Verb, Adjective, Pronoun, and Adverb.
It includes TWO sizes for each poster 1- full-page and 2- half-page in color and blackline.
Each poster has the part of speech listed at the top and then information about each one below. They are simple, which no extra clip art or pictures.
This is what each poster says:
- a person – a girl
- a place – the store
- a thing – my shoe
- an idea – in love
- an action word – He jumps up and down. or She ate her lunch.
- a state of being – I am happy. or They are big.
- how many- five ducks
- 5 senses – a foul odor, shiny car, sweet drink, bumpy road, or loud bird
- which one- that book
Pronoun: Takes the place of a noun
- Pete went to school. – He went to school.
- I gave the book to Sue. – I gave it to Sue.
- How? – loudly, kindly, fast, quietly
- Where? here, there, inside, outside
- When? & How often? – every day, now
Hang them up on a wall or create a simple flip book by hole-punching the top corner and clipping to a ring.
I’ve also created Parts of Speech Word Sorts, so check those out for some hands-on categorizing with all five of these parts of speech.
Want MORE Free Teaching Resources?
Join thousands of other subscribers to get hands-on activities and printables delivered right to your inbox!