I’m so thrilled to share that Reading the Alphabet has been updated and expanded!
$35.00Add to cart
What is Reading the Alphabet? It’s a hands-on way to get your child reading. Does your child know most of her letters and letter sounds? Maybe she’s too young for Kindergarten curriculum just yet. Does your child have special needs and a reading curriculum that moves at a deeper and slower pace would fit him/her? Reading the Alphabet is built on my experience with teaching emergent and struggling readers as well as my studies of what young readers need to be successful readers.
Reading the Alphabet Targets these Reading Skills:
- recognizing and making rhymes
- counting and blending syllables
- phonics and reinforcing letter sounds, applied to reading
- beginning sight words (26 beginning sight words are introduced, one with each letter)
- print awareness
- matching voice to print
- reading and sounding out early CVC words such as mat, hot, or bug
- fine motor skills, such as lacing, tracing, and cutting
- beginning handwriting for upper and lower case letters
Reading the Alphabet also contains math activities that correlate with each letter of the alphabet, including
- one-to-one correspondence
- number recognition 1-20
- making patterns
- beginning addition
Don’t worry. The free version of Reading the Alphabet isn’t going anywhere. But in this bundled pack, you’ll find these extra goodies:
handwriting pages (that reinforce letter sounds, too!)
a DIFFERENT sight word song for each word!
extra dice games for beginning learners
printable sight word cards
AND MUCH MORE!
You can buy the Updated & Expanded Version by clicking “Add to Cart” below:
$35.00Add to cart
Want MORE Free Teaching Resources?
Join thousands of other subscribers to get hands-on activities and printables delivered right to your inbox!