These Alphabet Sound and Formation Posters compliment our Alphabet Sounds Chart.
Find more free Alphabet Printables here.
*The free printable posters can be found at the END of this post. Just click on the teal download button.
Alphabet Sound and Formation Posters
In this pack, you’ll find posters that match the clip art and letters from our Alphabet Sounds Chart*, which works best for a folder, binder, or table top.
*The goal was to use the same exact clip art as the chart, but there are a couple of clip art pieces that are a little different because my newer computer doesn’t have all my older clip art loaded just yet.
The posters are individually created in landscape orientation and feature color and blackline posters for handwriting. Both solid lined handwriting font and the dotted handwriting fonts are included in the pack as seen on the first image in this post.
You can place these posters on your wall at home or at school to help learners not only remember their letters and sounds but how to form each letter as they write.
Just like our Alphabet Chart, here are a few things to keep in mind with the posters:
- The vowels include both the long and short sounds.
- Long e has one poster with an eagle and one with an egret.
- Cc and Gg include both their hard and soft sounds.
- Xx includes the /z/ sound you hear at the beginning of xylophone and the /ks/ sound at the end of box.
- Yy has three sounds featured: 1- the /y/ sound at the beginning of yarn, 2- the long i sound at the end of fly, and 3- the long e sound at the end of baby.
Want MORE Free Teaching Resources?
Join thousands of other subscribers to get hands-on activities and printables delivered right to your inbox!