*This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure policy for more information.
There have been several times over the last few months when I have been out of town for a couple of days. (And there will be several more this coming spring when I speak at Teach Them Diligently!) One tradition I’ve started with my kids is to leave chocolate hugs and kisses from mommy while I’m gone. Each morning, they get a hug and kiss from mommy and each evening, they get another hug and kiss. They almost seem disappointed when I come back into town and they no longer get the chocolate hugs and kisses. 😉
I created these FREE labels, perfect for both moms and dads, to use with your own kids (click HERE or on the image to download). They work any time of the year, but are especially perfect during the Valentine’s season! Just put your chocolate goodies in a plastic bag, cut out and hole punch the label of choice, and tie it on the bag.
Some ideas for using hugs and kisses from dad and mom are:
- Leave at home when you go on a trip and are away from home (like mentioned above)
- Pack in your child’s lunchbox
- Pack with your child when (s)he goes somewhere for an overnight trip
- Hide in a spot, like under your child’s pillow, just for fun
- When you’re going through a rough patch with your child as a little reminder that you always love him/her
- Just to say, “I love you” at any time!
If you enjoy these activities and printables, I would encourage you to follow along in one or more of these ways so you don’t miss a thing!