Refried Black Beans RecipeIngredients 3 cans of black beans 1/4 cup of olive oil 1 T cumin 3-5 finely diced garlic cloves
- Dice garlic cloves.
- Heat oil in saucepan on medium heat.
- Add garlic and saute for less than one minute.
- Drain liquid from two cans of beans. Leave liquid in one can of beans.
- Add beans and cumin to pot.
- Simmer for about 10-15 mins on low.
- Remove pot from heat and let cool about five minutes.
- Use a potato masher or blender to mash the beans. My kids don’t like a lot of mixed textures so I use a blender.
I use a boxed mix for cornbread, and peel and slice the apples.
Thank you for letting us share our refried black bean recipe with you. What rituals do you share at your meals that make your family happy?
Rebekah is a proud Mama to her four little miracles. Come play, laugh, and learn with her at The Golden Gleam where she shares her passion for unstructured play and creating a happy home for her family.
Want MORE Free Teaching Resources?
Join thousands of other subscribers to get hands-on activities and printables delivered right to your inbox!