*This post contains affiliate links.
It’s the day after Memorial Day and summer is sneaking up quickly! I’ve been doing a little work to update and expand my original Summer Pre-K pack as we prepare for summer. These activities were designed with my almost 4 year old in mind, who knows most of her letters and letter sounds and loves to rhyme and count syllables, but many of the activities can be modified and adapted for tots through Kindergartners. If you are using Reading the Alphabet, these hands-on activities are VERY similar, just with a summer theme. At the very end of this post, you can see some of the supplies we use with our packs.
Included in the pack is:
- an emergent reader (with several options for your preschooler, early Kindergartner)
- an early emergent reader (if younger preschoolers want to follow along and “read”, too)
- rhyming and syllable counting activities
- tracing and fine motor activities
- basic math activities
BONUS!–> Most of the activities are multi-leveled. So you may use it this year with your child and then turn right around and use it next year with the same child! 🙂
Want to see more of my FREE Pre-K/K Packs? Click HERE!
5 Read Aloud Books about Summer that are a great companion to this pack:
- Summer Days and Nights by Wong Hebert Yee
- Fireflies by Julie Brinckloe- perfect before or after you go firefly collecting (be sure to release yours after collecting them)
- S is for S’mores by Helen Foster James- an alphabet book about camping
- Sea, Sand, Me! by Patricia Hubbell
- Marshmallow Kisses by Linda C. Brennan
Download the Updated Summer Pre-K/K Pack below–>
Want MORE Free Teaching Resources?
Join thousands of other subscribers to get hands-on activities and printables delivered right to your inbox!