Today, I’m sharing the last of my FREE Writing Prompts with Free May Writing Prompts! I now have prompts for every month of the year. You can view them all here or purchase all of them (for $2) in one easy download. If you’re new to my prompts, just print out the page for the month of May. One day for writing time, ask your child which prompt he’d like to use (or adapt for his purposes). Once he’s used the prompt, he can color in that part of the picture. Once he has completed all the prompts, the entire picture will be colored in.
Please note that my son (in 2nd grade) still uses these prompts, but we do not always stick to them exactly and we do not always get to every prompt each month. Writing prompts are just one tool you can use for writing instruction.
More Writing Resources:
- Creative Writing Prompts for Every Month of the Year
- Simple Writing Lessons ~ 12 week series for Primary-age kids
- Preschool and Kindergarten Writing Lessons ~ a 10 week series for younger writers
- 5 Days of Unleashing the Writer in Your Child
- Join our Writing With Kids Google+ Community!
- Writing Pinterest Board
Download these FREE Write and Color prompts for May HERE.
If you enjoy my articles, activities and printables, I would encourage you to follow along in one or more of these ways so you don’t miss a thing!